Saturday, October 11, 2008

Me Always Working Hard!!!






Here you go Aunt Honey!!
This was my three day stay in San Fransisco! It was one of the more fun trips I have had. First of all I have to say that the Golden Gate Bridge is about the most impressive thing I have ever seen. That thing is HUGE! The first picture is one that I took when I first got there. I was so amazed at the beauty of the place that I was able to take a picture of the sun set on the Pacific Ocean. (that tells you haw long I stayed on top of the mountain that over looks San Fran)
The next day I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge(yes I am bragging)got some pictures of the fog rolling in and out and then went into San Fran to the sites. I walked up and down Fisherman's Wharf, ate lunch there, and again was amazed at how many people turn tricks on the street for money,(not bad stuff) and guess what, they do pretty good! One guy would hide behind a fake bush on one side of the street and scare people, and on the other side groups of 15-20 people would stop and watch. After awhile he would come strolling across the street with his can wanting people to donate. I have to admit it was pretty darn funny!
All the while I am thinking to myself "I could definitely live here." So then I decide to ride the Cable Car. Pretty pricey 11 big ones to ride down town but that lasts all day, but it was well worth it. It went by Lombard Street which is that crooked street that you see on T.V. Oh yeah, I drove down that also. (yep more bragging) It is crazy how steep the streets are!
Well I get down town and and that's when claustrophobia hits. I had to look straight up to see the sky! And all the people, where the crap did they come from. I learned real quick that this was the San Fransisco that I had imagined. I spent all of two minutes there and headed back to the Cable Car. The wait was 30 minutes so I started walking. That is how desperate I was to get out! So mom, No, No I can't and won't live there!
Anywho, that is my report.

1 comment:

Grandma Mecham said...

Thanks for the update! Beautiful pictures. I was there once when Donnie was just a baby but haven't been back since.